Monday, September 18, 2017

Blog Post 2

MS Word is a program that I've used extensively throughout my educational experience. A majority of this usage was to write essays for various projects. Another large percentage is taken up by notes, especially as I go further into my college experience. I have also used it extensively in order to plan out projects. These include brainstorming, creating outlines, creating schedules, and saving sources.

I do not have a lot of experience with copyright or fair use. Largely, my experience runs more along the lines of plagiarism i.e. "make sure when you use it that you cite any and all sources you use, do not portray it as your own work." I would attempt to resolve these issues by taking it on a case-by-case basis of what I can use and researching anything I am unsure of before I used it.

I would attempt to address sexting by pointing out the legal implications and what could happen to my students should they be caught doing this. Another issue that would be addressed would be privacy. I would encourage students to not share their personal information with people they meet online or, if they do, then not to share more than just their first name and a few very vague facts. Cyberstalking would be addressed by encouraging students to privatize their personal social media accounts and monitoring their friends list to only include people they actually know.

No comments:

Post a Comment