Monday, August 28, 2017

Blog Post 0

My experiences using technology in education are varied and largely positive. I've used several different types of devices and software throughout my school career. Projectors were used most often with Microsoft Office Powerpoint when I was younger but as I got older and advanced in school the technology and software became more varied. During my last few years of high school I started to use Microsoft Office Word much more often to type out various papers for my classes. Additionally, my math classes began to be exclusively taught on SmartBoards in my sophmore year. Document cameras and Prezi software were added in when I began college as well. This technology has been used to great effect to enhance the lessons and my own assignments as well. Using the projectors and SmartBoards my instructors were able to bring in more sources from websites to YouTube videos that really helped to reinforce the information they were teaching. The Prezi software as well was much more eye-catching than the normal powerpoint software which helped to capture the students' attention.

I hope to learn how to use all of this technology in a more advanced manner than the bare basics I currently know. This will help me to more efficiently teach my students in the future as I will be able to use these resources to their full effects. It will also help me to make their appearance a bit more interesting visually which will be helpful in capturing students' attention. 

This questionnaire helped me to realize I was a largely verbal learner. For the most part I had never truly thought about how I processed information and how to present it to myself in order to make it easier to absorb and understand. I may go on to use this newfound knowledge in my own studies. I also learned that most people are largely visual learners when I went in to read the information in the links. This information will be useful in the future as I begin to make lessons and presentations, taking in to account for how to best help more of my students absorb the material. 



No comments:

Post a Comment