Monday, October 23, 2017

Blog Post 7

While using Twitter I've learned to communicate with others more effectively. It's interesting to communicate with people on such a restricted basis. One of the perks of Twitter is that it's fast communication. It doesn't take long to type out or read a tweet so it's a quick form of communication with a large group of people. One of the issues I've been experiencing, however, directly relates to this. I'm by nature a very wordy person and it can be rather difficult on occasion to reduce the character count of my whole thought enough that it fits in a single Tweet. It makes for an interesting experience if nothing else.
I do, actually, enjoy web site design. It rather fun to watch your abstract ideas come together in a coherent image that looks wonderful. What I don't like about it is just the general busy work of it, inserting and aligning the various media was time consuming and frustrating. In the future I will definitely be using the ruler tool more often, a tool which I unfortunately only learned of late in the project and which caused me to have to go back over every page of my website and recheck the alignment.
Diigo has helped me learn better annotation skills and a better way to save all the various interesting articles that happen across my laptop screen. It's also given me a wonderful collaboration platform that will be available for use in the future. I look forward to using it with my future colleagues in order to share helpful articles and other websites between each other to improve our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment